If you are logged in to your UML email you are logged in to the library. If prompted, enter your UML email credentials. If you still have trouble, clear the cache on your device. Email not working? Troubleshoot from here.
To access content in the subscription databases you may get an authentication phone call from Duo. This is routine.
Welcome to IPE Research Methods
This course introduces critical evaluation of the current literature, the research process, and research study design and methodology and ethics. The importance of research across interdisciplinary health fields will be explored. Students will practice critical thinking and oral and written communication skills related to health research.
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
1. Conduct a literature review on scientific peer-reviewed health sciences literature
2. Explain and describe the various research designs, including quantitative and qualitative methodology, relevant for different health professional fields
3. Demonstrate the ability to design a research proposal
4. Demonstrate critical thinking and scientific writing skills
5. Apply ethical principles in the research proposals