Assemble and prepare all needed materials
Master’s Theses and Doctoral Dissertations
- Thesis or Dissertation in PDF format; make sure there is no password protection on the file.
- An electronic copy of your abstract to cut and paste.
- Supplemental files (optional).
- Signed Signatory Page as Page 3.
- In addition to requiring a signed Signatory page, students must send a copy of the original signed signature page to the Registrar’s Office.
- Chairperson and Committee Members names and titles.
- Subject Categories.
- A Credit/Debit Card for payment of the $50 Archival Fee that is paid directly to UMass Lowell using this embedded link.
- The Departmental Copy Charge is paid through ProQuest, along with the charges for any personal copies you order, using the ProQuest ETD site.
- NOTE: the $50 Archival Fee is a separate payment, to the UMass Lowell e-commerce page, while the Departmental Copy Charge is paid through ProQuest, along with any personal publishing choices you select, on the ProQuest ETD site.
Creating the PDF of your thesis/dissertation
- Most word processing programs include a conversion function. In MS Word, for example, you can go to “File - Save As…” and select PDF from the drop-down menu. You can also go to “File-Print” and select “Save as PDF” from the PDF drop-down menu.
- If your word processing program does not support PDF conversion, you can download OpenOffice.org for Windows or NeoOffice for Mac. These are both free, open-source word processing programs that include a PDF conversion function.
- You can also use the pdf conversion function on the ETD website, but the conversion is much slower than converting prior to entering the website.