The earliest incarnation of UMass Lowell, the Lowell Textile School was established in 1897. Modeled after the Polytechnical School at Philadelphia, the school originally opened in three rented rooms on Middle Street in downtown Lowell. The college offered three year diplomas in cotton or wool manufacture, design, or textile chemistry and dyeing. Tuition at the time was one hundred dollars. This collection brings together glass plate negative photographs of the faculty, students, and infrastructure of the LTS from 1922 to 1938. All of these photographs were taken by local photographer Elmer P. Trevors.