"Data is the raw information from which statistics are created; statistics provide an interpretation and summary of data.
To make sense of data, you will likely need to use a statistical software program (SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.) to analyze and make sense of the data.
On the other hand, you can often easily use and understand statistics because they have already been processed."
-Nicole Scholtz, Spatial and Numeric Data Librarian, [!], University of Michigan Library
Procedure for Using Google Dataset Search
Refine your search:
• Last Updated - Choose from datasets updated in the past month, year, or three years
• Download Format - Choose among table, text, image, or other download formats
• Add specific file formats to your search (e.g., global temperatures csv)
• Usage Rights - Filter based on whether datasets allow commercial or noncommercial use
• Topic - Filter by high-level disciplines such as social sciences or life sciences
• Free - Toggle to enable datasets that are free to use
above adapted from Google Dataset Quick Start Guide