Welcome to Construction Management
The course will offer
• development of management skills and techniques to plan, schedule, supervise, and control construction projects
• project estimating and bidding strategies
• labor costs and productivity
• construction plans, specifications and contracts
• labor relations
• time, cost and quality control
• construction equipment, safety, project decision making, and financing
• economic cash-flow analysis including depreciation, taxation, inflation, breakeven, and optimum equipment replacement.
The primary objective of this course is to provide students with a sound understanding of the construction management industry and fundamental principles of managing construction projects.
Course Goals: Students are expected to demonstrate satisfactory performance of the following tasks upon completion of this course: