It is the responsibility of the student and the advisor to carefully follow the format in the guide. Once the thesis/dissertation has been successfully defended, the student must submit the following to the Registrar’s Office, University Crossing:
1. One clean COPY (do not use original), of the signature page only, dated and with signatures of the thesis/dissertation advisor and all committee members. The original signature page is needed for the archival bound copy.
2. Signed and completed Graduation Clearance Form
3. Doctoral students must also submit a completed “Survey of Earned Doctorates” at the time of graduation clearance. The form is also available at the Registrar’s Office, University Crossing.
Processing of University Archival Copies
The binding of all theses is done through the Theses Office, located on the first floor of Lydon Library, UML North.
Office hours: are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Please call (978) 934-5905 and leave a message and Kelly Morin will return your call.
Please read the instructions carefully and hand-deliver the following materials:
1. A completed and signed copy of the UMI Thesis/Dissertation Agreement Form. The form is available at the Registrar’s Office, University Crossing.
2. Two copies (mandatory) of the complete thesis/dissertation on archival bond paper. One copy must include the original signature page. Required copies include one for the department and one for ProQuest, for online publishing. Additional copies for personal use may be submitted at this time.