What is "Your Personal Librarian"?
Your Personal Librarian Program is designed to introduce you to the specific resources of the UML Library System that you will need to be successful in your academic work and to support you through all your research efforts. The YPLs serve as a point of contact for the Library and provide you with information about events of interest, new services, research databases and information tools.
Request Your Personal Librarian for your specific major in the box to the left. How often you choose to use your PL is entirely up to you. We will remain YPL throughout your program at the UML so take the time to get to know us.
What can Your Personal Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs
- Answer your questions about Library services, like citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break and need help searching for articles
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!