Nominations for this award should answer the following questions regarding the prospective award nominee:
Question 1: Provide an overall summary of the nominee’s leadership activities highlighting how the nominee’s work has had significant positive impact in driving entrepreneurship within the higher education community. [Not to exceed 1,000 words.]
Question 2: Identify through specific examples how the nominee has demonstrated sustained leadership that has been transformative, either within his/her educational institution or within the broader higher education community. [Not to exceed 1000 words.]
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
In addition, nominations should include the following letters of support:
* From President, Chancellor or Provost supporting the application (required)
* From a participant in the program (required)
* Additional reference from a third party supporting the program (optional)
Please upload your documents via the form below.
The Deshpande Symposium Awards
Award for Outstanding Contributions to Advancing Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Higher Education
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary achievements to entrepreneurship in higher education. The recipient of this award should be known for leadership activities, service, and/or contributions to advancing the field of entrepreneurship in higher education.
How to Nominate
Specific areas that will be evaluated for this award will include:
- Evidence of innovation and entrepreneurship courses and/or programs offering experiential, interdisciplinary learning opportunities throughout students’ education.
- Evidence of support for innovation and entrepreneurship across curriculum beyond traditional business and management disciplines (e.g., engineering, health tech, etc.).
- Demonstration of Student Leadership Opportunities related to the development of entrepreneurial culture, skills and practice.
- Evidence of Student Achievement and Success through the programs.
Please submit your nomination and supporting letters via the submission forms to the left. If you prefer, please attach your nomination and supporting letters to an email to Tom O'Donnell.