Nominations for this award should answer the following questions regarding the prospective award nominee:
Question 1: Provide a detailed description of the level of student body participation in and demonstrated achievement from curricular, extra-curricular and co-curricular entrepreneurship programs and activities. Includes awards, credits and recognitions. [Maximum 1000 words]
Question 2: Provide evidence of the impact of entrepreneurial collaborations between student teams and faculty, staff, industry, startups and community partners. [Maximum 500 words]
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
In addition, nominations should include the following letters of support:
* From President, Chancellor or Provost supporting the application (required)
* From a participant in the program (required)
* Additional reference from a third party supporting the program (optional)
Please upload your documents via the form below.
The Deshpande Symposium Awards
The Award for Excellence in Student Engagement in Entrepreneurship
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that encourages student leadership and engagement in developing innovative extra and co-curricular activities that support the development of entrepreneurial awareness, skills and practice.
How to Nominate
Specific areas that will be evaluated for this award will include:
- Evidence of Student Achievement in entrepreneurship is recognized either by awards, credits, seed funding or competitions.
- Evidence of broad, diverse student body participation in curricular, extra-curricular and co-curricular entrepreneurship programs and activities. For example, student-led entrepreneurship club.
- Evidence of entrepreneurial collaborations between student teams and faculty, staff, industry, startups and community partners. For example, internships / co-ops at local startups.
Please submit your nomination and supporting letters via the submission forms to the left. If you prefer, please attach your nomination and supporting letters to an email to Tom O'Donnell.