Davis Educational Foundation: Grant Documentation Hub

Minutes of Meetings

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team -- agreed to tag any library-created libguides going forward as LearningForce libguides
  • Lew - send Sara email addresses for existing LF faculty
  • Lew - send Zach latest spreadsheet
  • Lew -- draft email for Meg re: LF
  • Meg -- review options for making LearningForce more visible
  • Meg -- review LearningForce webpage and update it to ensure ADA compliance
  • Meg -- review and consolidate all current LearningForce webpages
  • Meg -- review search tags for LearningForce and add tags for various LF spellings -- one word/two words, etc. 
  •  
  • Sara -- send LF email to existing faculty re: needs for the summer/fall semester
  • Sara -- send LF "story" to UML Today with a focus on the Fall courses
  • Sara - toask George about sunner intern availability for LearningForce work
  • Zach --  create a LearningForce group using resource blueprint
  • Zach --create libguide for Tony Sampas Navitas course; add it to current spreasdsheet

ACTION ITEMS

  • Lew - draft email to faculty re: libguides and review with Sara
  • Lew - arrange meeting with George to discuss LearningForce going forward
  • Meg -- review options for making LearningForce more visible
  • Sara -- will oversee completion of libguides for Prof. Bazin
  • Sara -- raise issue with George and Vice Provost about LearningForce being highly visible on UML Library webpages -- based on faculty feedback
  • Veronica -- contact Professors Anderson and Davidson re: Meg Shields as new contact 
  • Veronica to draft and post "out-of-office" verbiage on Outlook

NEXT MEETING --Tuesday,April 17, @ 4:00 p.m. at O'Leary Library

Minutes 1/13/17

Action Items are listed below
Comparison between Blackboard and Libguides attached
Tracking sheet is attached....please make any changes or additions by using track changes so I know what you've done. Please return no later than end of day Monday
Next meeting is Tuesday, January 24, 4:40 p.m.

ACTION ITEMS

  1. Lew to add ELO column to spreadsheet (completed)
  2. Lew to send team  Blackboard vs. Libguides (completed)
  3. Lew to send Veronica and Zach the list of email contacts from Mehmed Ali communication blast (completed)
  4. Lew to contact George Hart re: online syllabus availability (completed and also briefed Veronica on "how-to")
  5. Lew to follow-up with George Chigas
  6. Meg to send ELO courses spreadsheet (completed)
  7. Meg to track Judy Davidson libguide progress
  8. Mehmed to contact John Victorine
  9. Mehmed to follow-up with Tomasco Tempesto
  10. Bridget to compile list of communications options no later than Friday Jan 20
  11. Sara to follow-up with Marie Frank
  12. Sara to follow-up with Maria Helepis re: Navitas
MEETING MINUTES -- January 24, 2017
Action items from Jan 13 meeting reviewed -- outstanding items from Mehmed Ali and Sara Marks, both of whom no present
  1. Roundtable discussion on workload of teams. Libguide assignments as follows:
    • Alyssa - Applied Developmental Psych and American Vistas courses
    • Veronica -- Child & Adolescent Development and Qualitative Research courses
    • Zach -- College Writing II and Mid-Century American Film courses
    • Meg - Studies in Film course
  2. ACTION ITEMS 
    • Bridget
      • Document process for team leaders re: communication timelines and options 
      • Document process and requirements to integrate libguides into Blackboard -- once completed, George Hart will work with IT and others to make the functionality a reality 
      • Create a "blurb" about communications options that team leaders can use to pitch faculty
      • Respond to email from Prof. Elizabeth Altman to George Hart re: link libguide link for Blackboard site
      •  
    • Lew
      • Add team collaboration column to spreadsheet (completed) 
      • Draft process for responding to requests for faculty to purchase books (completed and attached)
    • Meg -- to speak with Shaun Sullivan re: changing passwords on Joseph Fisher sites
    • Zach - to work with team leaders to finish scanning books per Mehmed Ali request; team leaders have students who can scan
 
NEXT MEETING:  Tuesday, February 7, 4:30 p.m. at UML Library

ACTION ITEMS:

Bridget -- to send students to Zach for book scanning project
Bridget -- to research/understand options for ADA compatibility 
Bridget -- document how to upload videos to YouTube and link to libguides
Bridget and Sara to identify priorities for proposed meeting with Springshare team re: LearningForce solutions, e.g., file size, communications, etc.
Bridget and Veronica -- create comms proposals for Judy Davidson and Keith Mitchell classes
Lew and Mehmed -- review responses to Mehmed's faculty emails and plan for reminders 
Mehmed to research University photo library re: use of images for libguides 
Mehmed -- follow-up with Tomasco Tempesto
Meg -- to upload onto Davis Hub, Sara's research checklist along with screen shots of Veronica's Writing About Women libguide as an example of format/content
Meg -- to meet with Margaret Manion re: process for researching open text/ereserve options for faculty. Sources: Open Text Network, Yankee Book Peddler and enrichment collections
Sara -- contact ADA office for info/data on course attended by students with disabilities
Zach -- assigned Psych  libguide from Sara with quick turnaround


Next meeting is Tuesday, Feb 21, 4:30 p.m.at the O'Leary Library.  After that, meetings will be held on Mondays.

Team, 
Thanks for the time yesterday afternoon.  Attached are the action items we discussed:
Alyssa - send team open text guidelines
Alyssa - change libguide coding from ALL CAPS to Initial Caps 

 
Bridget - create and distribute a libguide for ADA compliance component guidelines
Bridget -- Reach out to UML ADA team to review compliance component guidelines 
Bridget -- to utilize newly created UML YouTube channel to to pilot library content only  

Meg - confirm, in writing to Margaret Mannion, support from weekend library staff
Meg -- create, distribute and upload to Hub a process for submitting requests to research open text options (from weekend library staff)
Meg - to provide tea leaders with administrative access to libguide editing
 
Mehmed -- send out individual emails to faculty re: open text 
 
Sara -- to begin compilation of most frequently asked questions  from students at front desk, library staff, etc. for future inclusion in libguide
Sara -- provide administrative privileges to team leaders for libapps and libanswers
Sara -- to speak with Mona Kleinberg re: status of her libguide for Intro to Political Science course
 
Next meeting Monday, March 6, 2017, 4:30 p.m.
 
ACTION ITEMS
  • Team leaders -- to review spreadsheet to understand what needs to be done to bring "in progress" libguides to "completed" status.
  • Bridget -- update ADA Check list to reflect minor additions fromUML Compliance Office; send updated version to team leaders and post on Davis Hub​
  • Lew -- to compile stats for George in prep for a three-month progress report to UML Provost
  • Meg -- Send weekend librarians a memo re: timing of a briefing/orientation session during the work week.
  • Mehmed -- Will work with Lew on timing of a reminder to faulty re: open text
  • Mehmed -- to speak with May Barrett re: central libguide for Navitas "Navigating Path to Success"
  • Sara -- will start compiling FAQs after Spring Break
  • Sara -- will meet with Mona Kleinberg re: collaboration and research
  • Sara -- will pursue an April or May slot for an Learning Force pitch at the Faculty Senate meeting
  • Zach -- to work with Sara on discussion boards for libguides
Next meeting on Monday, March 20, 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

Minutes, 3/20

  

ACTION ITEMS

 

 

  • Team leaders -- ongoing review of spreadsheet to understand what needs to be done to bring "in progress" libguides to "completed" status
  • Team leaders - review and update ADA column on spreadsheet
  • Meg -- begin assigning open textbook research needs to team leaders 
  • Mehmed -- waiting to speak with May Barrett re: central libguide for Navitas "Navigating Path to Success"
  • Mehmed -- meet with weekend librarians to review specific research needs for open textbooks
  • Sara -- continue to pursue an April or May slot for an Learning Force pitch at the Faculty Senate meeting


Next meeting on Monday, April 3, 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library
ACTION ITEMS
  • Bridget -- to send Team leaders findings on ADA issues specific to individual libguides
  • Meg -- will review,  with Margaret Mannion, the Open Text document and
    • revise/by department within next couple of weeks (by 4/17) and link individual docs to Davis Hub
    • in collaboration with Margaret, update with changes/additions on a monthly basis (mid-month timeframe)
  • Meg -- reassign research given to weekend librarians to team leaders
  • Mehmed -- Send list of workshop attendees to Lew, Meg, Sara, and Margaret Mannion to ensure respective libguides are a priority for open text researh
  • Mehmed -- and Margaret Mannion will meet with weekend librarians 
  • Sara -- following up with Faculty Senate re: getting on agenda for May meeting
  • Veronica -- to contact Psych Dept and arrange date for presentation to departent faulty
NEXT MEETING --Monday, April 24, 2017 at O'Leary Library
 

 
 

ACTION ITEMS

All -- see new processes for for OERs and referrals to George for assistance
Lew -- notify Bridget to turn over and upload YouTube capturing process for review with Sara  
Lew -- call Xia-Xia re: evaluation
Meg -- upload new processes (attached) to the Hub
Meg -- to offer Donna Mullin the opportunity to attend a team meeting for the purpose of discussing how she can be of assistance to the Davis project
Veronica -- approach George to assist with Spanish 3 open text options
Zach -- send Sara faculty contact for Professional Comms
Zach -- send Prof. Elisa M. list of OERs based on new process (attached)

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • All -- team leaders to send faculty new urls to ensure faculty have most recent links for their libguides
  • Lew -- send Xiaoxia comments from Alyssa and Veronica & email addresses of team members
  • Meg -- send Xiaoxia faculty testimonials to date
  • Meg & Sara -- review libguides from team leaders in "Sent to Meg/Sara" catagory
  • Sara -- determine if plagiarism disclaimer notice necessary for libguides
  • Sara -- send Xiaoxia list of Learning Force components
  • Sara & Veronica -- to reach out to Music Dept to gauge interest in LF
  • Veronica -- reach out to Psych Dept for followup
  • Veronica -- reach out tofaculty to have not responded to completed libguides
  • Xiaoxia -- send team a draft of survey no later than July 4th
  • Zach -- ensure 3-5 sample libguides being highlighted by Sara at ALA conference are ADA compliant
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, July 11 @ 4:00 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • Lew -- send Zach list of 83 completed libguides to determine outstanding non-ADA compliance
  • Sara -- determine if plagiarism disclaimer notice necessary for libguides
  • Sara & Veronica -- to reach out to Music Dept to gauge interest in LF
  • Veronica -- reach out to Psych Dept for followup
  • Veronica -- work with Meg on open text options for Prof. Monica Balitsi; send those options to the Professor.
  • Veronica -- reach out to George re: books of interest to Prof. Monica Balitsi
  • Veronica -- Reach out to Margret Manion re: info. needed for Ann Dean
  • Zach -- identify and send Lew 4-6 names for faculty focus groups (assessment process)
  • Zach -- work on outstanding non-ADA-compliant libguides (see Lew above)
  • Zach -- finalize and send Lowell immigration research to Prof Forrant
NEXT MEETING --TuesdayAugust 8 @ 4:00 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • Team -- per Meg, go thru existing libguide urls  to change -- when prompted to "use proxy server" click yes, unless its open web (click no)
  • Lew -- send Zach list of 33 "In progress" libguides to determine outstanding non-ADA compliance
  • Meg - to re-engage weekend librarians when they return to school re: open text requests
  • Sara -- determine if plagiarism disclaimer notice necessary for libguides
  • Veronica -- status of reach out to Psych and Music Depts 
  • Veronica -- send Alyssa and Zach link to LearningForce video
  • Veronica -- reach out to George re: subscription to Worcester, MA newspaper
  • Veronica -- to follow-up with Karoline Evans re: course libguide
 
NEXT MEETING --TuesdayAugust 22 @ 4:00 p.m. at O'Leary Library
ACTION ITEMS
    • Team -- per Meg, go thru existing libguide urls  to change -- when prompted to "use proxy server" click yes, unless its open web (click no)
    • Meg - to re-engage weekend librarians when they return to school re: open text requests
    • Sara -- determine if plagiarism disclaimer notice necessary for libguides
    • Veronica - send zach and Alyssa verbiage for  BPL ecard registration 
    • Veronica -- status of reach out to Psych and Music Depts 
    • Veronica - meeting with faculty -- Davidson, Scribner, etc. -- to finalize libguides
    • Zach -- assist Veronica with scanning; pick up book(s) at Center for Lowell History

***NOTE NEXT MEETING : Change of Starting Time  to 4:30 p.m. *****

 

 

Team,

 

We left the meeting with  the following action items and notes. Please review and complete your action items before the next meeting.

Let me know if you have questions.

 

Best,

 

Lew

 

 

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • Team -- per Sara,  add topic-specific FAQs section to all libguides 
  • Team -- check videos in all libguides to ensure links are not broken
  • Team -- per Sara, include  UML verbiage on plagiarism in all libguides 
  • Lew -- email George re: status of Blackboard integration/set up a meeting 
  • Lew  -  contact George for status on process for batch  url changes 
  • Lew - ask Xiaoxia Newton what stats she needs from libguide analysis
  • Lew - Send libguides marked "Sent to Sara/Meg" to meg and Sara
  • Lew - Compile list of "In Progress" libguides and send to team for review. 
  • Meg -- re-engage weeknd librarians for open text requests
  • Sara --  send College Writing link to all faculty
  • Sara -- crete verbiage and/or links to existing UML verbiage re: plagiarism
  • Sara -- provide Lew with Libguide course # for Joel Tickner course on Research in Public Health
  • Veronica - finalize College Writing libguide with George and send to Ann Dean
  • Veronica - meeting with faculty -- Davidson, Scribner, etc. -- to finalize libguides 
  • Zach -- send team the widget info he's been using for assets
 
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, October 3rd @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

Team,

 

We left the meeting with  the following action items and notes. Please review and complete your action items before the next meeting.

Please note: Plagiarism libguide and Libguide User Manual are due for next meeting on October 17.

Let me know if you have questions.

 

Best,

 

Lew

 

 

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • Team -- re-embed videos again to ensure links work
  • Team -- review and update Justin's stats spreadsheet to reflect course libguide name is corret
  • Team -- host LearningForce table at at Nov 2 Faculty conference
  • Lew -- ask George how to quantify textbook cost savings for students
  • Meg -- create a plagiarism libguide that tem leaders can link to when creating faculty course libguides
  • Meg -- draft Libguide User Manual
  • Meg -- re-engage weeknd librarians for open text requests
  • Sara -- craft lead-in verbiage for Plagiarism libguide
  • Sara -- send team registration link for Nov 2 faculty conference
  • Sara --review with George the need to have a universal help contact process for library issues
  • Sara --  send College Writing link to all faculty
  • Veronica - finalize College Writing libguide with George and send to Ann Dean
  • Veronica - meeting with faculty -- Davidson, Scribner, etc. -- to finalize libguides 
 
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, October 17th @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

 

  • Team -- agree to LTI tag of "clickforlibraryresources"/Meg to standardize
  • Lew -- ask George how to quantify textbook cost savings for students
  • Lew -- send Zach list of "Shell" libguides for review and decision
  • Meg -- add "consequences" section to plagiarism libguide
  • Meg  - review and update Justin's stats spreadsheet to reflect course libguide name is correct
  • Sara -- craft lead-in two-line verbiage for Plagiarism libguide
  • Sara -- send team registration link for Nov 2 faculty conference
  • Sara --review with George the need to have a universal help contact process for library issues
  • Sara --  send College Writing link to all faculty
  • Veronica -- send Lew list of  libguide duplicates on spreadsheet
  • Veronica - finalize College Writing libguide with George and send to Ann Dean
  • Zach  -- review and update Justin's stats spreadsheet to reflect course libguide name is correct
  • Zach -- review and tke action on "Shell" libguides
 
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, October 31st  @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team -- go thru guides and add "Subject" and "Tags"
  • Team -- review discoverability criteria of libguides to courseguides
  • Alyssa -- will project manage process to quantify textbook cost savings for students 
  • Meg -- resend to team link for Plagiarism and User Guides for final comments back no later than Friday, Nov 3 
  • Sara -- craft lead-in two-line verbiage for Plagiarism libguide
  • Sara --review with George the need to have a universal help contact process for library issues
  • Sara --  send College Writing link to all faculty
  • Veronica - finalize College Writing libguide with George and send to Ann Dean
  • Zach  -- revise and update "Shell" libguides re: resources, etc.
 
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, November 14  @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team -- review discoverability criteria of libguides to courseguides (LTI)
  • Team -- integrate new Plagiarism libguide into all  faculty libguides
  • Alyssa -- project manage process to quantify textbook cost savings for students 
  • Alyssa -- send Libguide User Guide to Dan Barrett  
  • Lew -- send team the list of "In Progress" libguides
  • Lew -- draft a generic email to send to faculty re:"shells"
  • Sara -- set up meeting with George, Veronica and Lew re: Margaret Manion
  • Sara -- review and report on stats re: use of "shells"
  • Sara --review with George the need to have a universal help contact process for library issues
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, November 29th  @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team -- review discoverability criteria of libguides to courseguides (LTI)
  • Team -- integrate new Plagiarism libguide into all  faculty libguides
  • Alyssa -- project manage process to quantify textbook cost savings for students 
  • Lew - resend Sara faculty email for edits
  • Sara -- arrange meeting with Meg, and Lew to discuss working with librarians going forward
  • Sara -- work with Justin to update libguide usage stats for review at next meeting 
  • Zach -- focus on completing the current libguides before addressing the needs of the "shells"
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, December 12  @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library
  • Team -- Send Meg names of faculty and their emails by Friday, Dec. 15 re: Blackboard integration memo. 
  • Team -- send Lew 2 examples of best libguides no later than Wednesday, December 20.
  • Alyssa -- send team ebooks spreadsheet to identify books and respond back to Alyssa no later than Wednesday, Dec. 20.
  • Lew - send team latest list of "In Progress" libguides for review
  • Meg -- supplement existing LTI libguide with "how to add metadata for Blackboard integration."
  • Sara -- arrange meeting with Meg, and Lew to discuss working with librarians going forward
  • Sara -- work with Justin to update libguide usage stats for review at next meeting 
  • Zach -- focus on completing the current libguides before addressing the needs of the "shells"
  •  

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team --  see Alyssa action below and go back and include asset on all existing Davis libguides
  • Team --  see Lew action below and  send out email to all faculty for whom you have created libguides
  • Alyssa --  create an asset for "faculty reminder" that team can include on all libguides
  • Lew --    send list of "Shells" to Sara
  • Lew  -- create a "reminder email statement for team to send out faculty  (see below)
  • Meg --  supplement existing LTI libguide with "how to add metadata for Blackboard integration."
  • Meg -- review Google docs list of course to identify correct course names/course numbers
  • Sara --  send Lew link to Google docs to access libguide stats 
  • Sara --  identify and send "Shells" letter to faculty
NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, January 16 @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

  • Alyssa --  update open text research with add'l info provided from team
  • Alyssa -- send out reminder memo to faculty  re: updating/creating libguides
  • Lew --   add column on spreadsheet re: Supplemental Open -Education Resources (OERs)
  • Lew -- send team leaders latest individual Davis budget figures
  • Lew  --  crete with Meg a PR statement for LTI
  • Meg --  crete with Lew a PR statement re: LTI
  • Sara -- contact Melanie in IT to get a screenshot of the "L" icon and hoe its used on a Blackboard page
  • Zach -- send out reminder memo to faculty re: updating/creating libguides

NEXT MEETING --Tuesday, January 30 @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library

ACTION ITEMS

  • Team--  insert metadata in all libguides and notify faculty of blackboard integration/functionality 
  • Team -- ensure each member include Davis grant work in CV to document leadership/collaboration/team work/negotiation/meeting deadlines skills
  • Alyssa -- plan and document exit strategy for her work on Davis grant
    • out of office message
    • status of all projects
    • personal email for team

NEXT MEETING --Tuesday,February 13 @ 4:30 p.m. at O'Leary Library
Loading ...