Cambridge Handbook of Psychology, Health and Medicine
Offers an entirely up-to-date, comprehensive, accessible, one-stop resource for clinical psychologists, mental health professionals and specialists in health-related matters.
Encyclopedia of Health and Behavior
Encyclopedia was designed with the overarching goal to collect together in a single resource the knowledge generated by this interdisciplinary field, highlighting the links between science and practice.
Key Concepts in Health Psychology
Aims to provide the reader with a comprehensive understanding of the key issues, theories, models, and methods in contemporary health psychology.
Psychological Methods of Overcoming & Preventing Illness
- Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K. P., Faulkner, G. E., & Irving, H. M. (2012). Multiple health-risk behaviour and psychological distress in adolescence. Journal Of The Canadian Academy Of Child And Adolescent Psychiatry / Journal De L'académie Canadienne De Psychiatrie De L'enfant Et De L'adolescent, 21(3), 171-178.
- Ayres, C. G., & Mahat, G. (2012). Social support, acculturation, and optimism: Understanding positive health practices in Asian American college students. Journal Of Transcultural Nursing, 23(3), 270-278. doi:10.1177/1043659612441026
- Escoto, K., Laska, M., Larson, N., Neumark-Sztainer, D., & Hannan, P. J. (2012). Work hours perceived time barriers to healthful eating among young adults. American Journal Of Health Behavior, 36(6), 786-796. doi:10.5993/AJHB.36.6.6
- Keller, A., Litzelman, K., Wisk, L. E., Maddox, T., Cheng, E., Creswell, P. D., & Witt, W. P. (2012). Does the perception that stress affects health matter? The association with health and mortality. Health Psychology, 31(5), 677-684. doi:10.1037/a0026743
- Lin, L., Liu, C., Liou, S., Hsu, S., & Lin, J. (2012). High blood pressure in adults with disabilities: Influence of gender, body weight and health behaviors. Research In Developmental Disabilities, 33(5), 1508-1515. doi:10.1016/j.ridd.2012.03.027
- Toussaint, L. L., Owen, A. D., & Cheadle, A. (2012). Forgive to live: Forgiveness, health, and longevity. Journal Of Behavioral Medicine, 35(4), 375-386. doi:10.1007/s10865-011-9362-4