Nominations for this award should answer the following questions regarding the prospective award nominee:
Question 1: Provide a detailed description of the commercialization program at the institution with examples of the breadth of engagement across faculty, diversity of programs and institutional support from sources outside the institution. [Maximum 1000 words]
Question 2: Provide evidence of the impact of the program through examples of successful outcomes, economic impact, enterprises launched or partnerships generated. [Maximum 500 words]
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
In addition, nominations should include the following letters of support:
* From President, Chancellor or Provost supporting the application (required)
* From a participant in the program (required)
* Additional reference from a third party supporting the program (optional)
Please upload your documents via the form below.
The Deshpande Symposium Awards
The Award for Exemplary Practice in Technology Commercialization
The purpose of this award is to recognize an institution that has developed and delivered a comprehensive program that helps accelerate innovations from the laboratory and research into commercialization.
How to Nominate
Specific areas that will be evaluated for this award will include:
- Evidence of capacity to move technology into commercialization through faculty development programs, seed funding, incubators, etc.
- Evidence of collaboration and partnerships outside the institution such as government, private industry, etc.
- Evidence of impact beyond the Institution such as regional economic impact, # of startups, etc.
- Evidence of collaboration outside the institution including mentoring and engagement from alumni, private industry and partnerships with government institutions.
Please submit your nomination and supporting letters via the submission forms to the left. If you prefer, please attach your nomination and supporting letters to an email to Tom O'Donnell.